Children & Young People
All rooms benefit from en-suite facilities and some have been specifically adapted to meet the needs of children and young people with physical disabilities.
- Games room with access to a wide variety of toys and games, table tennis, pool, books.
- A light & sensory room allows children and young people to be stimulated by a light, sound, textures and moving images in a safe relaxing environment
- Specialist walk in bathroom with specialist toilet and bathing facilities for physical disabilities
- Permanent hoist and tracking facilities in all main downstairs rooms
- Large enclosed garden offers the children and young people with the opportunity for outdoor play and activities.
Cooking and meal times is a communal experience and we encourage all children and young people to become involved in the whole experience within their capabilities, e.g. deciding what they want to eat (with guidance from staff on healthy/nutritious home cooked food), preparing shopping lists and cooking. Transport can be provided between Abbeyfield House and school.
With parental permission children and young people are given the opportunity to participate in activities outside of Abbeyfield House:
- Formby Nature Reserve
- Ainsdale Beach
- Knowsley Safari Park
- Ten pin bowling
- Martin Mere
- Soft play centres
- Youth clubs
- Local parks
- Liverpool Maritime and World Museum